A Charmed Life
COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY
Luxury Lifestyle at The Canopy
At The Canopy, we are committed to ensuring that our every service and amenity will help create the enriched, active life you deserve. It starts with our surroundings. Our community beautifully balances privacy, safety, and security, with well-appointed dining rooms and spacious common areas to encourage social interaction and involvement.
The Canopy offers events, ongoing activities, and scheduled outings for entertainment and engagement. Many amenities, including private dining, wellness center, library, and salon are available on-site for your convenience. We continually develop programs intended to engage and remind residents that they are part of a loving community.
At The Canopy, we provide just the right amount of assistance with daily living to help our residents remain as independent as possible. Residents in assisted living and memory care receive a comprehensive personal care plan, developed from our own assessments by a Wellness Nurse, as well as input gathered from the resident and their family. We monitor each personal care plan regularly, making updates and modifying as necessary.
ENTERTAINMENT & RECREATION
Enjoy a wide range of programs that invigorate your mind and energize your body. You’ll find options that help you to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Culture Classes: Join us to experience different countries’ histories, traditions, cultures and foods.
- Art Classes: A new therapeutic program where residents create something all their own.
- Education: Lecture series and workshops through our learning program, book clubs, and discussions around current events.
- Canopy Connections: Computer instruction and assistance with email, Facebook, Internet use, and Skype.
- Exercise Classes: Gentle activities to increase joint flexibility, range of motion and to maintain muscle strength.
- Recreation: Parties, seasonal events, movies, bridge, group word games, trivia nights.
- Memory Care: Specialized life enrichment programming created for our memory care residents.
- Welcome Committee and Friendship Club: Features a full calendar of activities and programs to bring fun and engagement to senior living. View a sample activity calendar or find a community and view their unique week-at-a-glance activity calendar.
- Happy hours with live music and dancing
- Computers are available to learn, entertain, and stay connected with family and friends.
- Outings/Community Events: Getting out is important and we take outings such as dining at a local restaurants, taking grocery/retail store trips, and going to the movies/theatre.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
When we think of wellness, we naturally think of our health and being free from illness, but it’s also about reaching your full potential. That’s the objective of our wellness program for our residents. Of course, that includes having good healthcare and clinical care, with around-the-clock well-trained staff. It also means having plenty of healthy lifestyle options accessible and regularly engaging in activities that give you a sense of well-being and support whole brain fitness.
All of the elements of our wellness program – from nutrition and clinical support to physical and mental fitness, to learning and social interaction, are underpinned by a high standard of care and a deep understanding of what’s needed for your best quality of life.
Moving into a new community can be a big change, but one that should be positive and happy for you. Because our focus is on the well-being of our residents, we recognize that having a pet can be hugely beneficial to our residents, especially those who might be worrying about making the transition to senior living arrangements.
Bringing your best friend along is a great way to maintain normalcy during your transition to your new community. Feel free to feed, bathe, and care for your pet as you normally would and take advantage of our dog park and dog walking track for walks around the community.